By Shanell Jackson and Ashley Tipton
Truth and Beauty by Professor Emeritus Lester Van Winkle is located outside of Hibbs Hall. The sculpture is two oversized wooden desks made of bronze and stainless steel in remembrance of Henry H. Hibbs. He was the provost of the former Richmond Professional Institute.
The sculpture presented is The Tableith. Located in front of the Anderson Gallery, this 20 ton monument is composed of 51 stacked discs each engraved with historical markers dating back from 1917 to 1968. The list of events imprinted on this sculpture led to Richmond Professional Institute and the Medical College of Virginia to combine into VCU.